All charges dismissed against former Jets CB Revis

Adjust Comment Print

With the dismissal of all charges against him, Darrelle Revis assumes National Football League teams began calling in search of his signature.

According to NFL Network, the judge dismissed the charges after Revis' friend took the blame for an incident that left two men unconscious.

A witness testified Wednesday that he came to Revis' aid during the fight and that he is threw the punches, not Revis.

Revis had been charged with two felony counts of aggravated assault, one felony count each of robbery and conspiracy, and a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats. The Jets released him shortly after the arrest, though coach Todd Bowles said the incident had nothing to do with the team's decision to let Revis go and was instead related to saving $9 million in cap space.

Meetings with his lawyer Robert Del Greco Jr. following a February 12 incident on the South Side of Pittsburgh and charges being filed February 16 did disrupt his offseason training, but he has continued to prepare to play in 2017, Revis said. He testified that he knocked out the two men and said it was his voice on a video released by TMZ showing the immediate aftermath of the incident.

"That would be a discussion with the management and the coaches", Revis said, laughing. He signed a five-year, $70 million deal with the team in 2015, and was owed $15.3 million this season.

Comments