KKK leader's wife, stepson charged with his murder

Adjust Comment Print

24, have been charged with first-degree murder, abandonment of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence in the death of Frank Ancona.

In an interview with KMOV on February 12, a day before her arrest, Malissa Ancona gave two different accounts of the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, first saying she thought she had to wait 48 hours to report him missing, and then saying she thought he took off.

Officials first learned of the 51-year-old's disappearance on Friday, a day after a United States Federal Forest Service employee discovered Ancona's vehicle on Federal Forest Service Property, Jacobsen said in a Facebook post. His body was found by a family on a fishing trip at Big River this past Saturday, he had a single gunshot wound to the head. However, the victim's wife allegedly told authorities her husband had planned to divorce her, the Daily Journal reports.

Officers who could not get in contact with Malissa Ancona visited her home, where they found Malissa and her son, Frank's stepson, in the driveway.

His abandoned auto was found Friday, his body a day later.

The website of the KKK branch Ancona claimed to lead asks visitors to join the group to fight for the future of whites.

Ancona, of Leadwood, Mo., is identified as the "Imperial Wizard" for a group called the "Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan." . Although its contents had been emptied, the Daily Journal reported that Leadwood Police Chief William Dickey said authorities don't believe a burglar had broken into it.

Ancona went missing Friday.

"He kept saying he needed a break, so that's what I thought he was doing originally, was taking a break", she said.

"We processed the scene and the body was transported by the Washington County Coroner's office for an autopsy to determine a cause of death", said Jacobsen.

The investigation is ongoing, but police may make an arrest as early as Monday, Feb. 13.

On Saturday, I requested assistance from the Missouri State Highway Patrol due to the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Mr. Ancona.

The Leadwood Police Department is investigating and was assisted by St. Francois and Washington County Sheriff's Departments.

Investigators spent the day working on reports and continuing the investigation. Police said they believe he was killed in St. Francois County.